Updated: Dec 10, 2018
By the grace of God, I made it to see 30 years of age!!! My 30th birthday was the best birthday celebration of my life thus far, and I hope that each year continues to be even greater than the last. After the exciting celebration, I began to reflect on my life and what has come of it. We all know the saying, "With age comes wisdom", right? Truer words have never been spoken. I have learned so much about myself and my purpose. I see the growth that God has instilled in me and I am amazed at the transformation! I have experienced some monumental accomplishments and overcome some consequential lows. ALL of these life experiences have shaped me to be the woman that I am now and prepared me to be the woman that I am destined to become. Here is a list of thirty tips and ideals that I have applied and realized in my thirty years of living:
1. God is everything I need! A simple statement, but powerful when truly understood.
2. I'll settle DOWN eventually, but I'll never settle FOR anyone or anything, including my relationships, jobs, talents, finances, or location...be aware of the difference between the two.
3. I'll have some great seasons in my life and I'll also have some really tough ones.
Regardless of the circumstances, I know the importance of trusting God because...well, see #1.
4. We all have strengths and weaknesses. I may be strong in one area where others are weak and vise versa.
5. Don't condemn others if they don't give you what you're willing to give to them. I'll never abandon my gift even if I feel like I am not getting the same in return.
6. TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL.
7. The older I get, the more I realized the importance of family.
8. Your loved ones won't always like what you have to say...say it anyway.